Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thing 22: Reflect on a Conference Presentation

During the 2011 West Virginia Statewide Technology Conference, I attended a session titled "10 Tech Tips that Truly Might Save You," provided by Vickie Witt, a TIS for the Mercer County Board of Education. During this session, Vickie shared the knowledge she has gained as a TIS and time-saving tips and resources.  I have used many of her ideas during my year as a TIS-in-training, including Google Calendar, Google Docs, external hard drives for programs and large files, snippet tool for screenshots, RealPlayer for downloading videos, tinyurl.com, and a tech tool kit.  Although I haven't used it myself, I have recommended SmartNotebook software (another one of her tips) to teachers who would benefit from it. I've also tried to follow her advice for networking with other TIS, being visible in the school, and having a positive attitude. I love easy-to-implement, practical conference sessions, so this one did not disappoint me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment