Number fourteen in the list of 100 Most Inspiring and Innovative Blogs for Educators list is NeverEndingSearch. Although the link on the University Reviews Online site that provides this list is broken, I managed to find the correct link: http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/neverendingsearch/
This blog is perfect for me because it's written by a high school librarian, Joyce Valenza, who is very much involved with technology. Finally, I've found a blog I can relate to on many levels, as this is my job, too! The blog is very active, and is hosted on the School Library Journal site. Joyce's detailed posts, which are added several times a week, often include descriptions of and tutorials for new tech tools such as Google Docs and photo editing sites. She just posted a detailed message about Google's new Knowledge Graph that is very interesting (see the May 18, 2012, posting).
The postings on Joyce's blog are relevant to my job. Many of the tips and tools she shares can be easily applied to my research skills classes. I'll have to check out Google's Knowledge Graph to see if it's something I can incorporate into my lessons about using Internet browers.
I also like that Joyce uses lots of images and videos within her postings. This makes it easy to follow her descriptions and instructions.
The blog is a bit busy and it takes time to get used to it. Being part of the School Library Journal site, the blog is below several bars of content and is accompanied by some advertisements. Plus, there are dozens of links to blog postings and comments along the righthand side of the blog. The ideas shared on the blog are worth spending time getting accustomed to the layout and elements.
No comments:
Post a Comment